This is a proposal to introduce a new organizational concept to Micropub for creating and editing posts: Channels.
- A post can be created within one or more “channels”
- The server can define its own list of channels, and can decide whether the user is allowed to create new ones or not
- The server is assumed to have a default channel, where posts created that don’t specify a channel are created in the default channel
- Clients must not assume the names, IDs, presence or absence of any channels at the micropub endpoint
- A website may not support channels at all, in which case none of this matters to the micropub endpoint and it can ignore channels in requests completely.